Coop Developed Social Network Noosfero

http://noosfero.org/

Not sure if anyone has heard of this but this is a php developed social network for Brazilian coops. It’s also open source software. Colivre, a co-op based in Salvador, Brazil, develops it. They have a coop network site called https://ola.coop.br

Hi @KevinM

We are in contact with colivre. We can invited to IT Network

Only one issue, noosfero is develop in ruby

1 Like

Oh cool! That’s good to know you guys are connected to the Brazilian sector.

I think yes, why not invite them to participate? The more co-op IT people the better. I’m not sure we could get agreement to adopt Noosfero in the future but I think it’s good to have everyone that might have a solution to be aware of what’s going on internationally. Especially if we create a network of co-op IT vendors. :smiley:

Though I do think one thing we should be cautious of is creating rules around participation on the IT Network so well-funded US or European co-op platforms don’t steamroll over Latin American or African or Asian companies. Possibly one-vote per country, with multiple members of a country having a weight towards that individual country vote.

Hi Kevin,

We are in contact with CoTech, a tech co-ops federation of UK. In fact, they have invited us to participate on a video-call at the Cotech Gathering 2018 :smile:

I talked with them about the ICA IT Network and they are very interested on participate…

2 Likes

Wow, that’s GREAT!

We in the Philippines bought our core banking systems from private corporations and experienced hard time incorporating co-op dynamics in our system.

In fact, am now negotiating for the features and speficiations of our new mobile app. with upto 5 modules. If only an IT coop could provide this, we can have a benchmark and possibly introduce to all credit and savings co-ops.

Thanx

1 Like

Of course, the IT cooperatives can provide this kind of services!

1 Like

@Ryan I propose to put each of your IT needs into a separate topic space for possible solution discussion.