[Tech Co-ops] Let's do a Show&Tell

Hello there, this is Santiago from Cambá Coop.
I couldn’t be there for the previous S&T so I’m kind of anxious on this one. I’m pretty sure this meetings will help us strengthen our knowledge and relationship.
I’m staying tuned for the channel info :v:

1 Like

Sadly it looks like I won’t have time this Friday. But I hope it won’t be the last show&tell :slight_smile:

1 Like

Yes, you can join the S&T.

We hope you can join a cooperative soon!

Hi John,

Nice talking to you again.

It’s great that you can join in! Let’s use the room you propose for the talk.

Could you please send the room ID?

Thanks!

Hi Pau!
Can you give more info about you (like where you are, skills, interests)?
Maybe we can help you to find a place :blush:

Also, I think that it’s a good practice to complete our profiles, due to the different people, countries, organizations and cooperatives that are in this forum.

best wishes!

1 Like

Hi everyone! I’m Diego from Fiqus and this Friday I’m going to present a brief introduction to 2 free open-source apps that we’ve developed as part of our “Fiqus Labs” experiments and its results so far =D

Both were developed with Elixir, running on the amazing Phoenix webserver!

Surgex: https://github.com/fiqus/surgex
Web application for Argentina’s surgery services, a simple surgeries/surgeons/patients manager.
We implemented Vue.js as front-end app and Elixir Phoenix as back-end API (json).
Sorry it’s in spanish only! (for now, we could gladly translate to english if it’s useful to somebody =)

Live Qchatex: https://github.com/fiqus/lqchatex
Live websocket chat app that uses several Elixir/Erlang features like Phoenix LiveView and Erlang Mnesia.
No front-end app needed! Everything is beatifully handled server-side by LiveView. =]

Sorry I couldn’t include several links to each technology named here!
(new users are only allowed to insert 2 links per post)

Hope everyone enjoys the S&T!
See ya soon, cheers!

2 Likes

Yes, here’s the call room for Friday.

FIQUS Show and Tell
Time: Jul 26, 2019 04:00 PM London (3pm UTC)

Join Zoom Meeting

Room ID: 762-819-755

See you then!

3 Likes

Hi all,

First of all, many thanks to members of FACTTIC who have put effort into kickstarting the initiative in the international dimension!
I’m sorry for missing the first S&T (great web!), will do my best to make it to the coming one this Friday.

I could offer, on behalf of my co-op, doing a little S&T of AR Foundation, which is a Unity’s high level augmented reality API allowing for cross-platform (Android & iOS) development of progressive (spatially aware) AR apps, something previously impossible. The session would provide a quick intro to mobile AR, followed by configuring the build and coding some basic functionalities to make the app interactive. AR Foundation is still in experimental stage but it has a great potential. Below please see the stack.

Please let us know if this is of any interest to you, can come up for something lower level!
Last Friday of August, the 30th?

3 Likes

Hi Szczepan!

Very interesting your proposal!

I agree to do the next S&T on Friday August 30th.

We hope to see you this Friday.

Hi everybody,

Please remember that we are going to connect through Zoom, a platform for video calls. To download the client, you can do it from here: https://zoom.us/

Room ID: 762-819-755
Hours: 04:00 PM London (3pm UTC)

Please let me know if you have any problems trying to connect.

We look forward to seeing you.

Greetings!

4 Likes

Hi all,
I’m Álvaro (but everybody call me Chapa), from gcoop. We know we are in the final hours, or minutes if we speak correctly, for this encounter, but we wanna ensure our participation. Francisco and myself are going to be present today :slight_smile:
See you there!

2 Likes

Great, see you in 45 minutes in the Zoom room!

Hi!
I’m Pedro from Equality and whit my coworkers Federico and Cristian we going to participate in this Show&Tell.
See you soon!

1 Like

In position, just zoomed in!

2 Likes

Today’s Show & Tell was very nice and informative, kudos to the people of Fiqus, thanks @dcalero! we are looking forward to see next month S&T that i believe its gonna be on the hands of @sz_animorph and Animorph

2 Likes

Thanks everybody for participating! I hope it ignited the curiosity for Elixir ecosystem, it really worth it =]

See you the next S&T, cheers and thanks again!

3 Likes

Hi!

Thanks to everyone who participated in S&T today, the call was a success: We were 26 co-operators from 9 different cooperatives talking about technology.

I share with you some links with interesting information, related to what was shown during the talk.

Two web apps were shown by @dcalero

See you in the next S&T, during the last week of August.

Best,

5 Likes

That is awesome - sorry I could not make it today but I look forward to August! Thank you for the helpful notes and links.

1 Like

Anyone can sign up for the low-volume list serv to get info on Agaric’s weekly Show and Tell that happens every Wednesday at 11am ET - https://lists.mayfirst.org/mailman/listinfo/showandtell

I encourage everyone to start a show and tell with your friends and possibly we can merge them all at some point! Sharing is awesome!

1 Like

Missed this, but sounds like a rad idea! Is this the thread to track for future S&T’s, or will each one get a new thread?