Workers' Cafe

I propose we start some form of workers’ mutual education society - I am calling it “workers’ cafe”

Heres a proof of concept for a session I am planning to have with a fellow computer worker.

This is sort of like Agaric’s Show and Tell (which has been on hiatus for a while) and my idea for the 24/7 Coffee Shop on CommunityBridge is similar. I am trying to offer a way for anyone to take the room as Admin and host a skillsharing type event whenever they want to. If you want to take it over and do your thing… Excellent, I will be happy to help with any logistics. I think being able to screen share your terminal and having the multi-user whiteboard will be useful.
https://communitybridge.com/coffee/

1 Like

Hi Micky,

Yes, I saw your ‘Coffee Shop’ last week and thought about the same thing!!

On Feb 4, we are trying our first meetup at the worker-coop incubation center of JWCU (but we are not formerly affiliated with them, at least not yet :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:) in Tokyo.

The idea is simple - workers ought to care about their work and strive to be better at it all the time (minus the part that we have no control over - the management dictatorship should be given some slack by recognizing they are stuck in the stale old economy we will be walking away from sooner or later :sweat_smile:) . While the employer-class may free-ride on this process (and they are welcome to do so - nothing wrong with employees becoming more valuable commanding higher wages :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:) , the real benefit of our effort will be so that workers will form strong mutual bonding and create impetus for future worker coops!!

Let’s talk tomorrow if I manage to get up early and we have time during Agaric Show and Tell! :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes: